Friday, June 17, 2011

A Huge Thank You to Sophia's Cure Foundation

Yesterday there was a blog sent out by an organization fighting, like all other SMA families, to find a cure for this disease. I've met this family, and they are very nice. They have a huge following in our SMA community. However, the blog they sent out was very negative.....and it upset me greatly. While I understand we all have our "down" days.........all this blog gave me was bad feelings. They talked about SMA being terminal........isn't LIFE terminal????? It made me realize that they don't BELIEVE, and it makes me sad for them and for their followers. And by the way........SMA doesn't HAVE to be "terminal."

I choose to BELIEVE in my Charleston and other beautiful kids with SMA. I KNOW there is a successful treatment for them, and I am consumed with raising money so it gets here in a hurry!!!!

So last night, I went to bed sad. Because if they don't believe in our kids (not to mention their own), why are they even in this fight?

AND THEN THIS MORNING HAPPENED!!!!!! At 6:05am, Vinny Gaynor (www.sophiascure.com) sent me a text......."Are you awake?"

Well, then I was!!!!! He said to check Sophia's Cure fan page on facebook. All I can say is, I haven't stopped crying HAPPY TEARS ever since.

http://www.sophiascure.org/blog/working-together-has-made-a-difference

A wonderful, generous, unbelievable, awesome, inspiring donor has just sent $400,000 to help us fight SMA!!!!!! This money is going directly to the Gene Therapy program at Ohio State University. That's the program that my family has signed up to raise $10,000 for  The 200 Commitments, which is a group of us all working towards a goal of raising $1,000,000 for this treatment for our kids.

Not only did we get a gift of $400,000.......but then Vinny also got a grant for another $100,000!!!!!!!! AND........we are all working on winning another $250,000 through a contest on facebook!!!! Here's that link.......PLEASE vote daily if you have a facebook page!!!!

Vivint Gives Back Project

I am amazed. I am happy. Thank you, Sophia's Cure Foundation..................

I BELIEVE.



No comments:

Post a Comment