Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Nana & Unkie B's 1st Fundraiser!!!!

This past Saturday, my son (BJ aka Brad) and I held a fundraiser for our Charleston!!!


We were AMAZED at the raffle & auction donations given to us by businesses and people that heard about our little guy. We had a HUGE turnout and got to see and reconnect with old friends!!!

Katie Lee, a friend of Ashley's from high school!
Graham & Hollie Goeppert, Anita Wardle, RJ Bisaha with his girlfriend!!!
Amanda Paustian, a friend of Ashley's from high school!
Kathy Bergstad, our old neighbor from when the kids were growing up. We had the fundraiser at Kathy and her husband's restaurant, the Great IMpasta!
Two of my besties - Lori Vainer and Janice Giaccoma. Friends of mine since high school! Love you girls.
Another high school classmate of Ashley's, Angie & her husband. So glad you came!!!!
This is Jane. She has SMA, just like Charleston, and she's 8 years old!!! She's the little angel that is giving Charleston her power chair. We were HONORED to have her and her family attend!!!!
And then we were surprised with a visit from two more kids with SMA!!!! On the left is Danny. He's a Type 2 kid, and starts middle school in the fall! The girl on the right is Aubrianna, and she's a Type 3. We didn't know they were coming, and of course, we were THRILLED to have them too!!!!


And this is the reason why we did what we did! This is what little Charleston was doing while we were all being together in his honor, to help him with his precious life. He was touching grass for the first time!!!! Here's a video that Ashley took while she was telling him what grass is. We always take everything for granted, don't we? Imagine being this precious baby, and being introduced to something as simple as grass. I am so grateful that I am Charleston's nana and get to share in these moments, even if it's just through video.



Thank you to EVERYONE that participated!!!! It was amazing, and TOGETHER WE MADE A DIFFERENCE!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That video is so super special! Both Chad & I love it! We LOVE you Charleston!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that the funderaiser went well and that so many miracles are happening for Charleston and the family! I check out the blog about once a week or every 2 weeks to stay updated on the little man and everyone else. It honestly touches my heart big time, it makes me cry. I never wanted to tell you this but I cried in our sessions everytime you spoke about him. My heart goes out. I miss you but Im glad your doing well. Love Kayla Staniek( your massage therapist in reno nv at massage envy)

    ReplyDelete